Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lost and Confused

Giving up meat has proved to be more complicated than I expected.
I've been doing a lot of reading on vegetarian and vegan eating, and most of it makes a lot of sense.  When you look at the overall stats (such as in The China Study) plant-based eating is associated with good health, normal weight, and absence of the diseases that plague our societing like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

Who wouldn't want that? 

So why is my weight now up 2 pounds? 

This feels like very dangerous territory.  In the past, such a situation would have caused me to throw in the towel and give up on this whole Trying To Eat Right thing.  I truly desire to live a healthy lifestyle and normalize my weight.  But I must be doing something wrong. 

I have felt this before.  There's so much information out there about losing weight and being healthy, and it can get confusing.  It's frustrating.  I don't know who to believe.  I'm afraid of ending up back where I started.

But then I'm reminded that two steps foward and one step back is still one step forward.  I need to do what I know works:  Counting Points.  Living with Limits.  Exercising.  I need to hang in there until this confusion and frustration pass.  I need to believe there are better days ahead if I will just keep focused and stay on course.

Hugs.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Loved our conversation this morning and love you!
    It seems a little redundant, but...
    "Love",
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)