Friday, March 2, 2012
- I could walk around every day without this anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach?
- my chores didn't feel like heavy burdens but just stuff that was enjoyable to do?
- I never worried about what I was going to eat because I simply enjoyed eating healthy food within reason?
- I looked forward to going for a walk, both for the exercise and the enjoyment of being outdoors?
- I quit trying to please other people and concentrated instead on pleasing God?
What if all those things became realities in my life? In time, I would be a healthy, fit, contented person. All the energy I currently spend on worrying about myself and feeling sorry for myself could be spent on more productive pursuits.
Even as I considered these possibilities, I felt some of the anxiety melt away. I must have read that verse in the Bible about not being anxious a thousand times, but never really considered that it might be something I could actually do. I mean really. Not be anxious. Think about it! It'll blow your mind.