Thursday, May 10, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really struggling.

Yesterday was a real food-fest.  I was simply HUNGRY, and this time, I ate.  Two hours after breakfast...STARVING.  Two hours later, STARVING again.  By the end of the day, I was just eating everything within reach.

I did record all this eating in my iPhone Weight Watchers app.  Then after supper when I went to record my low-fat version of King Ranch Chicken, the app gave me a message, "You have not recorded any food or activity today" and my total was ZERO.  Now, that's just annoying. 

Then I read an article in a magazine last night about a study done in England.  A group of dieters was asked to do consecutive days each week of low carb (less than 50), and the rest of the week to follow their normal healthy low-calorie diet.  They lost twice as much weight as the group who was simply following the low-calorie diet!

I had already been thinking about cycling low carb days into my diet since I don't have hunger issues when I eat that way.  Maintaining a low-carb lifestyle, however, is very difficult in the real world.  Maybe eating low-carb a couple of days a week is the answer.  I don't know.  I only know I can't live with this constant stomach-growling-where's-the-food feeling!

Deliverance is what I am looking for.  Deliverance from the overwhelming struggle.  Why is it still so hard?   Why can't I find an eating lifestyle that simply nourishes me and leaves my mind and body free to accomplish something other than NOT EATING TOO MUCH each day?  I've been on this journey for ten months now..the longest I've ever managed to keep trying.  Can I keep trying now?  I want to!  I'm scared.  When I have felt like this during past efforts, this was the point where I gave up and just starting eating without boundaries again. 

I guess the bottom line is that I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep going.  If that means throwing in some low-carb days, so be it.  Pray for me, please.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. I've thought about you so much since our conversation yesterday. Some words from His Word:

    Heb 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

    You have glorified God by your discipline and perseverance and your ability to practice self control. Satan does not like that, and I think he's attacking you. Fortunately, God gives us power over his attacks in 2Corinthians 10:4.

    This journey you are on has been different from the beginning! You have surrendered and clung to God every step of the way. He's given you a new home, a "great cloud" of new friends :), and a precious Weight Watcher's group that I love hearing you talk about! For the last 10 months, you have persevered through so many obstacles that in the past would have thrown you off track. Today you face yet another obstacle. I love that in 2 Peter 1:5-7 "self control" and "perseverance" are right next to each other!

    Jesus wants you to lean on Him. He is right next to you. He tells us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mt 11:28-20

    I'm praying for a light burden for you today. I love you so much and am so proud of you for these last 10 months. I know your actions and your faith have spoken powerfully to many, as they have to me. Persevere, my dear sister. Just for the next 5 minutes. The 5 minutes after that is so far away and can be dealt with when it gets here.

    I am so grateful for the gift of you in my life.

    Love and prayers to you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you were struggling. Call me any time! Download the Weight Loss Boss. I think you will really identify with it. I know am!

    pam

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)