Saturday, September 8, 2012

People will talk.

Don't get me wrong.

I love that people are always saying something to me about my weight loss.  Their comments are encouraging, as I am sure they are meant to be.

It's odd, though.  Lately when someone says something to me about how GREAT I look, I find myself wishing we could talk about something else.  And then I want to eat a pizza or something.

This is obviously something I need to work on.  I need to be able to deal with all the attention.  I need to realize that when I achieve my goal, in many ways that accomplishment will define me.  For the rest of my life.  And people will talk about it.

Duh, you might say.  What else did I expect?  Why would such a thing bother me?  Wouldn't everyone love to be the center of such positive attention?

All I can say is that if I had all my emotional cupcakes in a row, I wouldn't have gained all that weight in the first place.  Or maybe sometimes the attention bothers me because I still have a long way to go to reach my goal, and I don't want to start the party just yet.  Or, maybe, I get nervous about having to keep up the good job of losing weight (especially when it has been so tough lately.)

 <sigh>

Note to self:  Step AWAY from the pizza!

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I can relate to how you feel. I feel that way about my teaching. After my first lecture last year, someone said, "Wow! That was great! The big challenge is that now you have to do it again!" I can tell you that that comment nearly completely shut me down. While it was definitely a compliment, it just made me feel defeated about continuing--like I could never do it that good again. Couldn't everyone just not notice or something and just leave me alone?! Ha. Talk about needing your emotional cupcakes in a row! (love that)

    So I'm not going to say anything wonderful about what you've accomplished, even though you already know how I feel. :)

    Love you and miss you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)