Thursday, July 28, 2011

Are we there yet?

Okay.  I'm packed, filled up the gas tank, I've got a map to my destination, and friends to keep me company on the trip.  I guess now it's time to settle in and enjoy the journey!  It just now occurs to me that this is going to be a long trip.  Some of us are probably going to be bored along the way, and by "some of us" I mean me!  Maybe I'd better pack some crayons and coloring books to keep me occupied. But that can get old too.  Even if you start with a brand new box of crayons, the points wear down, or your favorite colors get broken, or you find you're missing the Lilac Rose. 

I'm hoping that what will help get me to my destination is that I'm not going alone.  My sister and I love taking road trips together because we enjoy the "car time" which we fill with all kinds of things:  heart-to-heart talks, singing, laughing about old times.  Hmmmm....I feel a song coming on now....

"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!"

I think I'll let Him drive.

1 comment:

  1. I love thinking of our car trips...and the "laugh" everlasting! Love you and am praying for you!
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)