Saturday, January 19, 2013

How slow can you go?

I was reviewing my weight loss chart this morning, and discovered for the some time now I've been losing about two pounds a month.

At this rate I should reach my goal in a mere 30 months!

Okay.  I shouldn't complain.  (Am I complaining?)  But I really do hope it doesn't take that long.  One of the things I tell myself over and over is that the REAL goal is learning to live in a healthy way, and the weight loss is merely a bi-product of a healthy lifestyle.  In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter how long it takes.

And yet, there still is within me the person who wants to wake up tomorrow and be magically thin.  The one who doesn't want to have to wait.  To work.  To deal with the very real consequences of a lifetime of self-indulgence.

What I hope I can remember is that when I feel this way, that's the old me fighting to hang on.  Maybe if it takes another 2-1/2 years to reach my weight goal, the new habits will really stick.  Maybe getting my focus off the numbers and onto the lifestyle is the real key to success.  But, oh, the numbers!  I love--and hate--the numbers! 

One of the reasons I haven't been blogging as much lately is the slowness of it all.  I think, "I don't have anything to say!"  I'm just hanging in there, and that doesn't make for very interesting reading.  I'm still squirming in the back seat of the car asking, "Are we there yet?"  And lamenting, "I'm bored!"  Because, let's face it.  Doing this day-in and day-out can be boring.  But it's the only way I know to get the where I want to be.  And for me, learning to deal with the tedium of it all is more than half the battle. 

Just a heads up - I'm working on switching my blog to another host.  Too many problems with Blogger.  I'll let you know where to meet me when the time comes!

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand how you feel. I have been "trying" or thinking about trying to lose weight for the past 30 years. Two different times I lost significant amounts with Weight Watchers. In 1998-99 I lost 80 pounds, but never reached goal. Then I slowly gained it almost all of it back. In 2007-08 I lost 60 pounds and again did not reach goal and slowly gained it back. I have started Weight Watchers again this year & I know it is going to take a while but I am determined to make it to goal and be able to walk without my knees hurting & be able to get up from a chair without extreme effort. I will pray for you and ask that you pray for me. We Can Do This!!! Kitta Dory

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)