Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ugh

I know this is normal.

There are just days when I wake up in the morning and I wish it was Over.  I wish I didn't have to Do This Again Today.

The alternative isn't very attractive either:  ReBlobify myself.  Medicate myself with junky food that isn't good for me.  Become one with the recliner and watch reruns on tv all day.

So, I suppose Do This Again Today doesn't sound so bad after all.  Please know that I know I have made a lot of progress toward my goal.  Thirty-one pounds is quite an accomplishment!  But I still have over one hundred pounds to go.  Which means, by definition, I'm still a blob.  And some days that's how I feel.  Like today.

I predict that even when I reach my weight loss goal, there will be days when I feel like this.  I'll wake up and think, "I don't want to eat right today.  I don't want to exercise.  I feel fat!"  And, again, with God's help, I'll make the choice to eat right and exercise anyway.  I will keep my eyes on the prize, which isn't, by the way, being thin and fit.  No, the prize is living in obedience to the Lord God Almighty.  The prize is trusting in Him.  The prize is feeling His pleasure when I choose to follow Him instead of my own blob-ish inclinations.  This is what will get me through days like this!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    ReBlobify. Love that word! I'm glad I talked to you later in the day and found you more encouraged. As Paul says in Phil 3:14,
    "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." You are in good company pressing on toward the goal! So press on, dear sister. You have so many people praying for you!

    You have chosen to enter through the narrow gate. (Matt 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.") I picture the wide gate looking like DisneyWorld from the front, but it soon deteriorates into a bumpy road with dying landscaping. But the narrow gate is hidden in the woods. At first glance, it doesn't look like much. But beyond the gate is a glow like nothing we have ever seen before. (1 Cor 2:9 "No eye has seen,no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him")

    Of course, this gate scripture is talking about salvation, but I think it has an every day appliction as well. It's much easier to go along with the world through the wide gate, and we're getting ready to see the world at its worst--eating during the holidays. As Sherri Rose says, "Oh that you would choose life!" (Deut 30:19)

    You have made such a difference in my life, Cindy. Your friendship is a divine gift! I am so inspired by what you are doing. And so are so many others who are following you. Joy to you as you press on toward the goal!

    I love you with all my heart!
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)