Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vegan?!?!?!?!!!!

So how can you tell if God is trying to tell you something?

For me, it's kinda like looking at this picture.  You think you know what you're looking at, but you're not quite sure.  Just when you think you're focused, it starts moving on you.

The point is, over the past year or so, I keep finding myself drawn to books and documentaries that turn out to be advocating a Vegan lifestyle.  What they all have in common is a very convincing argument that the Standard American Diet (SAD) is killing us, and that by switching to eating yummy fruits and vegetables you can not only lose weight, but enjoy longer life and robust health!  That's a pretty compelling promise.

I know a handful of vegetarians and one vegan.  They are all thin.  They all appear to be healthy.  Some of them go to my church and they even seem to be able to negotiate a pot luck without too much trouble.  They are not wierdos.  Just normal people who happen to vegetables and fruits to survive.  No Big Deal.

But me?

It just keeps coming up!  I feel like God is saying, "Hey-ho!  Anybody in there?  Are you paying attention?  This is the food I designed for you!  Give it a try!" 

Sigh.  I suppose I could eat a few of His foods today.  I doubt that my head will fall off.  Now, my butt...that would okay.

1 comment:

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)