Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weigh Day - 56.2 pounds! (and newer me)

After so many weeks of being stuck, I seem to be considerably unstuck at the moment.

!

Losing weight is....strange.  On one hand, you think that being thin would be the answer to all your prayers.  But we all know that is simply not true.  Fat or thin, we can never escape our true selves.  Yes, my perception of myself is changing, but I have to realize that my perception of myself may not be accurate. 

Also, there's the danger of focusing too much on "me."  If I've learned anything so far during this journey, I've learned to pay more attention to the people around me.  And I've found that I am so very blessed by the people in my life!  I'm so very blessed to have the most supportive, sweetest sister in the world!  I'm so very blessed to have a husband and son who love me!  I'm so very blessed to be surrounded by loving and supportive friends! 

Yesterday, I posted pictures of "Old Me."  Honestly, I don't even recognize that person.  But somehow, I need to embrace the old me with the love that has been shown to me by so many others through this journey.  Maybe that's part of the healing...to forgive myself for what has come before. 

These thoughts might be a little disjointed today.  Blame it on the Dayquil.

Love and hugs.

3 comments:

  1. Atta girl, Cindy!! I bet you feel great. (except for the DayQuil )

    Roger Sowell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' not quite sure what I admire most.......your weight loss or your keen self-awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    Awww. Thank you! You're "the most supportive, sweetest sister in the world" to me also!

    And you look fabulous for someone who's on drugs. :) (Or someone who's not! You just look fabulous period!)

    I am so happy for you. I love what you say about embracing the old you and forgiving yourself for what has come before. Wise words to us all. Clinging to our old failures keep us from becoming new in Him! It's a 3-step process:

    Eph 4:22-24
    "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to (Step #1) put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;

    (Step #2)to be made new in the attitude of your minds;

    (Step #3)and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

    Of course, these 3 steps are all intermingled and re-occurring. As we've said, sometimes we have to do all this every 5 minutes!

    I'm humming "Victory in Jesus" and mention it so that it can be stuck in your head, too!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)