Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Adventures in Texas

So far, pretty good.

Not great.

We are enjoying a good time with family.  I have had a small amount of control of what I am eating, and am doing the best I can.  Most importantly, I'm tracking every bite and writing down those points.  I have negotiated beef enchiladas, cool whip and jello salads, red velvet cake with ice cream, lasagna,

Tonight was supposed to be my turn to cook.  I was planning grilled chicken and a big salad.  But we just had a family food meeitng and it was decided that we will eat leftovers because there's still so much food from previous meals. 

Oh, well.  This, too, will pass.

Other than the food, I'm enjoying being with family and looking forward to going to stay with my sister day after tomorrow.  I just need to get through these next two days!

One thing that has helped me through these challenges has been listening to sermons from my niece's new church, Grace Covenant in Austin.  He's been doing a series on the fruits of the spirit this summer and I've listened to them all.  I recommend them!  Google the name of the church (and Austin) and click on sermons.  You'll be glad you did.

My mom once told me there are times in your life that you just have to get through.  I feel like this is one of those times for me.  Sometimes I have great insights that I realize and can share, and other times, like now, I'm just surviving today.  It's all part of the journey.  It's all normal.  I know God is still with me, and helping me get through this little desert.

Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. The Libra me says "well, at least you didn't have to cook"! Which means you are off the hook for trying to make everyone else happy, or the right thing for you.

    The cats are doing fine and so am I,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we certainly missed you at our Tuesday morning meeting (as well as Pam) and lunch afterwards. Looking forward to everyone getting back from their vacations and settled back into a normal routine. Glad to hear things are going well and looking forward to hearing about the trip when you get back. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    How fun to see you at that lake in the picture! Only 2 more days until you're here in Houston. Our personal chef (aka my husband) is planning healthy meals! Much safer territory here. Though we may have to get Mexican food. But I know a good menu choice, and the chef said he's even willing to skip the chips! So there's hope ahead! Can't wait to see you again!

    Love
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)