Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Home!

It feels great to be home again.

And now...it's time to face the music.  I will be weighing in tomorrow for the first time in two weeks and I'm nervous.  Hopefully the food choices I made during vacation were good ones, but I realize that I have come to rely on that daily weight feedback to keep me on track.

I am fully prepared (emotionally) to see a gain, and have pre-determined that whatever I see on the scale tomorrow, I'm going to get right back into my program and do all the things that work. 

One of the things I realized while I was gone was that I have truly made a lifestyle change.  In years past, I would have used being on vacation as an excuse to eat every fattening thing within reach, and then some.  Even though it was difficult to stay on my program with the challenges of this trip, I never lost my desire to make better choices than I used to.  But I also saw that, while I have made progress, I still have a long way to go.

And that is okay.

It's okay because I know that I am learning to live and eat differently than I did before.  It's okay because I realize I will never "get there" completely, because there will always be challenges and vacations and holidays and special occasions.  It's okay because I know I can always get "back to basics" and keep doing the best I can under whatever circumstances come my way.

I hope this is true learning and changing, and not just me making excuses for being less super-focused on my DIET!  It does feel good, though, to make peace with the process,  I don't know if any of this makes sense, but that's okay too.  I've been in an airplane most of the day!

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I saw a true change in you! At Cafe Express you immediately navigated the menu filled with land minds and ordered the grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Another change--shopping at Dillard's in the regular size dept where you bought a regular size top! And another change-- your really cute hair! Well, of course, that one doesn't have anything to do with diet choices, but it does have to do with how really great you look! So have fun with back to basics. Who knows what changes I'll see in you next time we're together!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)