Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Back, by popular demand!

It has been pointed out to me by friends that my blog has been unusually quiet!

Last week was a tough one for me.  My recovery has being progressing more slowly than I would like, and I admit that I have been... well... feeling lonely and depressed!

When I was explaining to Vicki at Weight Watchers this morning that my depressed mood was why I hadn't blogged anything, she asked me why I hadn't called somebody from our group.

This is a Very Good Question.  Why didn't I?  When I get into those funky "I am all alone in the world" moods, calling someone is the last thing on my mind.  I guess I would rather sit around and mope than do something about it.

I'm glad Vicki reminded me that I have many friends who care about me, friends who are there for me. I especially love that my friends totally understand how hard it is to change your whole life, because they are doing it too.  I guess I forgot, for a while, that this journey is not a solitary one, but one that I am on with lots of other people who are struggling with the same things that nag at me.

So here is a shout out to all my friends out there who are on the journey with me.  Please forgive me for trying to struggle through a difficult week without asking for your support!  You are a blessing to me, and together we are going to make it!

Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talkin about! I missed your wonderful blogings all last week...glad you are back. You know that I am available to meet for lunch or shopping or just a good conversation whenever you need it and I'm sure you would do the same for me! On to another week of the journey...one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly a blessing that we have so many friends we can talk to when the going gets tough......we just need to remember that! Thank you for being there for me today!!

    Love and hugs...Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I come, I must meet all these wonderful people! Blessings upon blessings.
    Love,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)