Friday, September 23, 2011

Joy!

"This is the day that the Lord has made!  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

To be totally frank, I have no particular reason to be joyful today.  I still have the same long to-do list hanging over me, waiting to be done.  My house is a chaotic disaster zone as I turn my attentions to other matters that seem more pressing at the moment.  And I wonder if I'll ever get past those pressing matters and back to a more normal existence.

Still . . .

This is the day that the Lord has made!  Every day is a gift from Him.  I can mope, or I can be grateful.  I can focus on the unending list and feel the weight of its demands, or I can focus on my Lord and Savior and feel the warmth of His love for me.

Today, I choose to REJOICE!

1 comment:

  1. My sweet sister,
    Joy to you! A "normal" day. I am so happy for you! I was reading this afternoon about what it means to be a new creation in Christ and you are one!
    Love you!
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)