Thursday, September 15, 2011

Small Victories

My life is crazy right now!  There are so many times I have to grab something to eat on the run.  It would be SO EASY to drive through someplace and get a triple cheeseburger with extra fat and a family size order of fries to eat on the way to my next stop.

But, instead, I drive through someplace and get the grilled chicken on whole wheat with no fries.  I look up the points in my handy point-looker-upper, and record them in my handy record-your-points-here place. 

I try not to think about things like:  I should be more organized.  I should pack a lunch.  I should never have gained this weight in the first place.

There are a lot of things I could do better.  But sometimes all I can do is keep track of those points, and stay within my allowance.  And doing that feels good.  It's a small victory.  One more day under my ever-loosening belt.  And all that running from this thing to the next?  I count that in my activity points.  One day at a time.  One point at a time.  One victory at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to be stuck on a trend. "I am so proud of you!". But I am proud of you! God is taking us on an amazing journey, and I love that your "ever-loosening belt is a part of that journey! Blessings to you my dear sister. :)
    Love
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)