Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Greetings from Texas

We made it to Houston! The two and a half day drive across the western states was blissfully uneventful.

Eating on the road was only a little challenging. Houston is home to literally hundreds of fabulous places to eat. I have many fond memories of eating many delicious food items at many of these places. But what I'm finding, so far, is that it is just not as delicious as I remember. Now,I know that Houston is not the problem here! It must be me. I've changed. My tastes have changed. The old restaurants I used to enjoy simply do not serve the kinds of food I have come to enjoy.

 It's funny, really. Before I started this journey, I mourned in advance all the foods I would have to curtail or even quit eating altogether. Coming "back home" and wanting to eat at my old favorite places, I was determined to enjoy them as much as possible within my daily points allowance, so that's what I have been doing.  But what I have found is that I'm not enjoying those old favorite foods as much as I thought I would.  I really do prefer healthy food now!

I didn't expect this.  I thought it would be so great to enjoy those old favorites, but now I have new favorites.  It's like a glimpse of the good things to come.  "For if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17  Goodbye, old favorites!  The new favorites have arrived!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I'm praying for you on your trek back to California and all that fresh produce! Here's to new beginnings and a new self. Loved having you here!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)