Monday, January 30, 2012

Post-Vacation Blahs

This is a dangerous time.

You might even call it a slippery slope.

We got home on Friday, and I used the excuse of "it's the weekend" to avoid doing any real work at home.  But Monday has arrived, and I'm faced with two weeks worth of catch-up around here.

House needs to be cleaned.  Laundry needs to be laundered.  Bills need to be paid.  Tax Return needs to be started.  Volunteer activities need to be....activitied.  Car needs to be serviced.  Food plan needs to be followed.  Phone calls need to be returned.

So I decided it was a good time to write a blog post.

What I'm really concerned about is the food part.  When I feel like this, I just want to grab something easy and get busy.  But eating correctly isn't always easy.  It takes planning.  It takes time.  I can't just nuke a frozen quiche from Trader Joe's (like I used to) because they have something like 329 points.  A bowl of Cheerios doesn't last me very long so I have to boil water and cook oatmeal (I don't like instant) to make it to lunch.  Oh, please!  Don't make me BOIL WATER when I have so much TO DO!

I'm starting to realize how silly it is.  The fretting, the worrying, the post-vacation angst.  (She chuckles softly to herself.)  A good friend once told me, "Begin, and the rest is easy."  Time to get up off the recliner and put some water in a pan.  Then I'll face the mountain of chores before me, one step at a time.  It may not be fun, or even always easy, but it's life. 

Thanks for listening.  I feel better already.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. (Chuckle) Well, I'm pleased to announce to your readers that you did in fact boil the water, put the oatmeal in it, wait 5 minutes and eat it. :)

    Keep up the good work!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)