Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is Getting Bor-ing!

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the desert.

Funny, isn't it, how even with the success I have had, I still get bored with the whole "dieting" thing.  It isn't every day...just some days.  Today, for example.

But I guess it's like everything else worthwhile we do in life...it isn't always fun.  I remember telling someone once after I started a new job:  I like the work, but I get tired of the all-dayness and every-dayness of it!  Eating right is all about all-day and every-day.  Over and over again.  Forever.

And yet, ironically, the thing that makes it boring is also the thing that makes it work.  All Day.  Every Day.  Make good choices.  Write it down.  One foot.  In front of the other.  Repeat.  I don't have to be consistently excited about being on the path I've chosen in order for it to work.  I just have to stay on the path. 

I must admit that at times I let a toe or two slip off the path.  So far I've managed not to fall completely off.  I do know, however, that I don't want to turn around and get back on the path I used to follow of eating too much all the time.  Come to think of it, I got bored on that path too.  If I must be bored, I choose to be bored on my way to a healthier life. 

One foot.
In front of the other.
Repeat.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I really like this post! It is so true. In fact, "Jesus Calling" yesterday talked about "self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up." Isn't that where boredom leads us? Giving up. And you haven't! Good for you for another foot in front of the other!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)