Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back on Track

I don't think I lost a single pound in the entire month of May.

Looking back, I can see that sometime in February I started messing with my plan.  Acutally, it was Lent.  I did the whole "Vegan Experiment" then.  After that I decided to go Low Carb and when that didn't last, I was looking into yet another way of eating that a friend had recommended to me based on your hair color or something equally relevant.

The point is, I got off track.  I had abandonded the basic premise of Weight Watchers, which is that you can eat whatever your little heart desires within reason.  You don't need any special pills or magic food combinations to make it work.

So I'm back on track!  I'm enjoying all the wonderful food God has provided and logging the points in my iPhone Weight Watchers app.  I'm exercising (walking, swimming, weights, and Wii Dance 2) and I'm finally losing weight again!

The simple truth is, when you actually follow the Weight Watchers formula, it works.

My friend Vicki, who I met at WW, started attending meetings about the same time as me.  Since August she has lost 75 pounds!  Someone asked her at the meeting yesterday how she did it, and after she thought about it for a minute she replied, "Diligence."  I'm thinking that's another way of saying that she didn't get off track.  She's trusting the program.  Woohoo!  What a great example for me!

Now, if I could only get one of my cats to go walking with me....

Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I've let "getting off track" become an all to frequent way of life for me!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    Even in getting off track, you didn't get off track. You didn't gain any weight! I admire your perseverance!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)