Thursday, June 14, 2012

SO not worth it!

I woke up yesterday feeling agitated.

And hungry.

After eating a healthy bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, I headed off to the dealership where I needed to have my car worked on.  They have free donuts there, but I didn't eat any.

The car was finished sooner than expected...hooray!  But I still was feeling unsettled.  I ate an early lunch.  Then a couple of hours later, I ate again.  By 3:00, I had consumed all my points for the day.

I decided that I was going to dip into weekly points for dinner.  Then, before dinner, I got hungry again.  I had a handful of nuts.  I decided to take a day off of dieting.  I really wanted a gooey pastry!  I was probably remembering those donuts I had passed up earlier.

We had a healthy dinner, although I didn't really measure my portions.  Then, about an hour before bedtime, I made...and ate...pancakes!  After all, I was taking a day off.  I never use my weekly points.  That's what they are there for, right?  At least, that's what I told myself.

All night I didn't sleep well.  My stomach felt upset.  I woke up today still feeling the effects of my food hangover.  When I stepped on the scale for my daily weigh-in, no surprise that it was up!

What I did yesterday was old behavior.  If I ever felt any sort of uncomfortable feeling, I tried to eat it away.  Yesterday taught me that I still have the desire to eat away my feelings.  But it also taught me that eating like that doesn't do anything good for me.  Whatever was bugging me yesterday was gone today.  If only I had just waited it through.  Next time I want to eat for the wrong reasons, I will try to remember yesterday and how poorly I slept after eating too much in one day. 

His mercies are new each morning.  Today is a new day!

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I love it when I can see that you're just human, like the rest of us! And you didn't mention that they were diet pancakes. :)

    So today we will celebrate that you are back on track! Loved talking to you today.

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)