Monday, June 11, 2012

Weigh Day - 59 pounds!

Finally!  I'm on my way again!

We won't even discuss how I like round numbers and wish it was SIXTY.  Not a word. ;~)

I was thinking today about how grateful I am -- really -- that this has turned out to be a slow process.  It's one thing to lose weight and get smaller.  What I had not anticipated were the other changes that I would experience on this journey.  For every pound that I lose, there are emotional losses and gains to deal with.  I never realized that so much of the work would be dealing with those changes!

But now that I know about the emotional work involved in the process, I'm happy for weight loss to be slow.  It gives me a chance to "catch up" with myself on other levels.  Last July when I joined Weight Watchers Online, I knew that I had to change.  A year later it is finally sinking in just how profound that change will be.

Blessings and hugs!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I agree about the "slow" loss. And that there's so much to deal with and process other than just losing weight. I think it's that processing that has been so valuable to those of us who are reading your blog.

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)