Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feeling a Little Lost...

So.  I find myself wanting to eat just for the sake of eating.  Old behavior.  Old feeling.

At Weight Watchers yesterday, most of my group of friends were up a little on our weigh-ins.  Maybe it's the heat (it has been over 110 for the past several days here).  Or maybe it's something else.  I don't know.  It's like we are all in a slump. 

We had a fun time out together, as we always do.  Then I came home and literally crashed.  And ate.  I'm supposed to have 29 points a day.  I had 40.  At least (I tell myself) I wrote them all down.

I am also telling myself that this, too, will pass.  I must learn how to negotiate these turns in the road!  It's just that sometimes...I feel so tired.  A year ago, on a day like this, I got through it on sheer determination of will.  But these days I feel like my will is spent out.  I need another tactic.  Something else to fall back on. 

So I talk to God.  I tell Him...I can't do this!  I don't have the strength.  I only have Your strength.  I talk, and He listens.  He loves me, no matter what.  He gives me hope.

Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one in the boat! I, too, came home and ate my way through the rest of the day. I wasn't hungry-maybe just bored?? I ate things I haven't even thought of eating in a whole year and nothing satisfied me. We need to continue to stick together and find our way back to our healthy attitudes and lifestyles. We've all come too far to give up now!!! Hang in there buddy and I'll try to do the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, there is comfort in knowing we are not alone in this! There are challenges here that we didn't expect...don't know what to do with. But I believe we can make it through. Especially together!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    If it's any consolation, I'm dragging here in Houston, too. It is just so hot and all the activities of the fall are gearing up. I just don't seem to have any energy to devote to all of this. Cooler weather will come! And I feel certain we will be re-energized for whatever we face!

    "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven..." (Ecc. 3:1) Apparently this is the season of the slug. :)

    I love that you have friends like Vicki to encourage you and hang in there with you!!!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)