Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fighting for the next pound

 Sometimes my weight loss seems so slow...maybe .2 pounds, or .4 pounds a week.  I step on the scale and I feel disappointed.  Even a 1.8 pound loss can be a let-down if I was expecting a 2 pound loss. 

Is it just me, or is that a little bit crazy?

To help me appreciate every little bit of weight loss that comes my way, I found these pictures.  Each picture represents something that weighs one pound:  a pound of dice, a pound of simulated fat, a pound of butter (real fat.)  I can see that losing a pound is a bigger deal than I thought!

I just went to the fridge and picked up a stick of butter.  That's a quarter pound of fat.  Even losing that small amount is something wonderful!

So I'm going to try very hard to remember this and the next time the scale shows what may seem to be a too-small number, I'm going to celebrate!  Well, try to celebrate.  Weight loss is hard, it's boring and it takes too long.  But as one of my favorite authors said (Patsy Clairmont), I have just described life.  Here's to LIFE!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I thought of Patsy when I read that! I am right here celebrating every fraction of an ounce with you!

    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss whether it's 0.1 or 1.0. Good work...keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)