Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Self Examination...

When I started this whole process, I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

I didn't know that writing a blog would prove to be as challenging, if not more so, than changing the way I eat!

A blog is by its nature self indulgent.  It's casual.  It catches me where I am.  Like the life I'm recording here, it's sometimes boring, sometimes funny, and every once in a while profound. 

To those of you hanging in there with me through this journey, thanks.  Thank you for walking beside me through my daily struggles and occasional triumphs, my rants and raves and my glimpses of clarity.  The very act of writing my thoughts down during all this has helped me work some things out, but it's a little like walking around in a bikini when you'd rather be in full body armor.  Being open about my struggles, I believe, has been a key element to my success thus far.  It still makes me a little nervous though.  When we show people who we really are, we're bound to lose a few along the way.  On the other hand, the Bible teaches us to share our burdens and to help each other get through this thing we call life.   I'm grateful for all of you who are helping me and sharing my burdens here.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I think you know that I totally understand the thing about "exposing" yourself. But I want you to know that I don't feel like you are exposing yourself at all. You are honest and open and real, and that's what makes your blog fun and interesting to read. (And of course, you are also an excellent author!) I would not guess in a million years that this blog-writing thing is hard for you! Every post seems like the most natural thing in the world!

    I love you and am overwhelmed by your discipline and focus!

    In the meantime, I'm slightly blurry in Houston. :)

    Keep up the good work--eating AND blogging!!!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)