Saturday, August 20, 2011

What, exactly, is the point?

Okay.  It's the eve of finishing my 5th week following Weight Watchers PointsPlus program.  The way the program works, you get a certain number of points for each day, a certain number of points you can use anytime during the week, and activity points which are earned by exercising.  Typically, I try to stay within the daily points and haven't ventured much into the weekly "extra" allowance.  Heaven FORBID I ever touch my activity points!  But this week I am doing an experiment, and I used most of my weekly points allowance.  (That just means I ate more than I have been, but totally within the "rules" of this diet.)

So the big question is:  Will I lose weight when I weigh in tomorrow?  Makes me think of a song:

(Looking at the gingerbread I ate for dessert tonight)
Tonight you're mine, completely.
You give your taste so sweetly!
Tonight, the light of love is in these bites,
But will I lose weight...tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure? (I mean, getting to eat gingerbread if I have the points!  Back to song...)
Or just a moment's pleasure?
Can I believe the magic of weekly points (okay, it doesn't rhyme!)
And will I lose weight...tomorrow?

Tonight with points uneaten,
I think that I just cannot fail,
But will my joy be beaten,
When my feet hit the morning scale?

I'd like to know that your points
Are points I can enjoy.
So tell me now, and I won't ask again,
Will I still lose weight...tomorrow?
Will I still lose weight...tomorrow?
Will I still lose weight...tomorrow?

Guess I had to ask three times since I promised not to ask again!

We'll see how things go...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)