Monday, October 3, 2011

Hitting the Wall

I should have known it was coming.

For the past several weeks I have been working like a crazy person.  I've been doing great following my eating plan and making plenty of time for exercise, but I've been letting some other things slip.

Little things, really.  Like cleaning the house.  Doing the laundry.  Paying the bills.  Making sure I get enough sleep.

It's all caught up with me now, though, and I have officially CRASHED!  So now it's time to stop time for a minute, and take stock in my schedule and the expectations I have of myself. 

I've been doing a lot of Taking Care of What I Think Everybody Else Wants Me To Do and not much Taking Care of Myself and What I Need to Do.  This is nothing new.  But it's a bit humbling because I was feeling pretty good about all the weight I've lost...surely I've got a handle on life now, right?

Not quite.  Yet.  Maybe I'll never get the hang of a truly balanced life.  It occurs to me, though, that another thing I haven't found the time for is daily prayer.  This could be the real missing link in my life right now.  It doesn't make sense, but even when I'm very busy if I make time to spend with the Lord things seem to work out okay and I don't feel as stressed about it all.  It's so easy to think that I don't have time to stop and sit quietly with God for a while, when in reality I can't afford not to make the time.  Relying on my own strength and energy is probably what got me on this wall in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)