Thursday, November 29, 2012

Change - Again.

I had an "aha" moment today.

Weight loss isn't something you do.  It's something that happens when you change the way you live.

This, I believe, is why diets don't work.  A diet is something you do.  It has an end.  You reach your goal and you're finished.  You go back to what you used to do.

But changing your life--that's hard!  How do I truly find a new path, one that leads to fitness and a normal weight body? 

The only way I know how to change my life is to change my mind.  The problem is, the mind I have is the one I have trained over fifty-plus years to go coo-coo for cocoa puffs (metaphysically speaking.)  I am encouraged, however, that I'm less anxious about food and eating than I was this time last year.  That indicates that I'm changing, right?

I know that I keep revisiting this subject.  Change.  Resistance to change.  Looking for a new equilibrium.  I think it's wrapped up in my last "aha" moment about all the things in life we have to do over and over again.  Changing is just another one of those things you keep doing every day.  And then every once in a while you notice you've lost another pound.  At least, I hope that is how it works.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely different--changed--this year! Last year you were stressed about the food everyone was serving. This year you are calm are moving ahead, one day at a time. I think this year you feel more in control of your own choices. This is all wonderful and a definite change!

    Now that it's really December, I feel very lonesome for you :(
    But I'm happy that you are busy changing and enjoying the Christmas season!

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete

(If you have trouble commenting, try using the "Anonymous" setting and sign your name on your post. I have set all the permissions to include everyone, but some people are still having troubles. Sorry!)